My Fellow Gutsies...
In an effort to keep myself from spending too much time on LOST forums the week before the finale, and also to promote "education", I have been spending a lot more time on wikipedia. In this pursuit to divert my attention from potential spoilers, a blog post was born. I call it the wiki-chain, or crazy 8's. I know crazy 8's is taken, but the person who made it up has got to be dead by now.
Explanation: I start at a page of my choice, whatever I happen to want to research on wikipedia. Then, if something sparks my interest, I jump to that article. I chart my progress, jotting down notes and "learning" and then, when I've reached my 8th article, I connect that person to Kevin Bacon in as few moves as possible.
So here we go. Wiki-Chain commence
1. Scientology- You all know this quasi-religion science adventure economo-fund from television and those weird people who want to eat your personality that approach you on the streets. What you may not know is that the creator and wiki-nutcase, L. Ron Hubbard attended my alma mater, The George Washington University, for a brief stint. If you want to learn more about Dianetics, Thetans, or general tomfoolery, this is your bag baby.
Jump to --> 2. "Anonymous": If you've ever seen people in masks around protesting something, specifically scientology, now you know. 'Anonymous' - is the label adopted within internet culture to represent the actions of internet users acting anonymously toward a given goal.
Jump to --> 3. Black Fax- This is a prank fax transmission consisting of one or more pages of paper entirely filled with black. This is sent in order to use up receiving station's ink & such.
Jump back to Anonymous, then Jump to --> 4. Guy Fawkes: Fawkes was the historical influence of V, from V for Vendetta. Fawkes had planned to blow up the Houses of Parliament while King James I and the protestant Aristocracy were inside because of... religion.
Jump to --> 5. Hanged, Drawn, and Quartered: The epitome of capital punishment. This was a male only form of the death penalty. Offenders were hanged by the neck for a short time or until almost dead. They were then disemboweled and emasculated (De-penised) with the gentalia and bowels being burned in front of their eyes. They were finally beheaded and their bodies split into 4 portions to be disposed of as they King saw fit. (still practiced in Alabama)
Jump to --> 6. Cato St. Conspiracy: An 1820 attempt to murder all of the British Cabinet ministers and Prime Minister Lord Liverpool.
Jump to --> 7. June 30- This day in history rocked. It is the 181st day of the year (non-leap year)
An important event: June 30, 1960- Congo gains independence from Belgium (Michael Crichton capitalizes with genetically crazy monkey book 20 years later).
An important birth: June 30, 1979- Matisyahu (Jewish Rapper)- I have to admit I have never heard his music. I assumed he was a boddhisattva, but once again, mistaken.
An important death: June 30, 1785- James Ogelthorpe- English general and founder of sunny Georgia.
Jump to --> 8. Fantasia Barrino- She was the winner of Season 3 of American Idol. At the time she was the youngest winner (19) (her kid... (6) ), until Jordin Sparks took that crown in Season 6. She is often confused for the love child of American Idol Season 2 winner- Ruben Studdard and Macy Gray.
UH-OH IT'S BACON TIME!!!!!
Fantasia Barrino is often remembered for her busty performance of Tina Turner's version of "Proud Mary," Tina Turner was in "Last Action Hero" with Sharon Stone, Sharon Stone was in... yep, "He Said She Said" with KEVIN BACON!!
hope you had fun playing along at home Gutsies. And I hope you learned a little something.
I love you all.
Thursday, May 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Listen to Baltimore Is the New Brooklyn by JC Brooks & The Uptown Sound for free.
Official Films of the D10
- Monkey Shines
- Full Moon High
- Jason and the Argonauts (2000 - Dennis Hopper Version)
- Sssssss!
- The Dentist 2
- Aussie Park Boyz
- Shivers
- Last House on the Left
Internet Friends
Another, Less Sexual D10 Blog
Links -- Sports
Links -- Religion
Hollywood's Haunts
Boots' Boudoirs
Contributors
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(254)
-
▼
May
(49)
- Movie Madness: May 31
- The James Train (or Greyhound Bus)
- Guts-dea
- Movie Madness: March 29 Rebound
- Movie Madness: May 28th
- The Best of...
- What's up world?
- Due to tepid demand,
- Words of Wisdom from The Philmeister
- Movie Madness: May Whenever
- New Poll
- Ok, here's the backstory:
- Weekend Notes
- Movie Madness: May 24th Edition
- Hometown memories
- Movie Madness: May 23 Edition
- Movie Madness: May 22 Part II
- Quick Question:
- Movie Madness: May 22 Part I
- Wiki-Chain!
- On Music REDACTED
- Cleaning Up After Nums (Again)
- Movie Review: May 21
- Monday Cartoon, American Idol edition
- Movie for May 20
- Movie Madness: 64 Movies in 60 days
- Young Professional Update
- Carrie Underwood
- Thursday Politics Post
- Captured! By Robots
- How to spend $40
- The Vatican welcomes our alien overlords
- Analogyology Entry!
- "Stufflebeem punished for lying, will retire"
- Possilbe Dissolution of D10 Unemployment Desk???
- On Music - Part I
- I couldn't wait any longer
- Monday Cartoon Warning
- Hole in his sock anyone??
- Saturday Grab-Bag
- D10 Friday Night/saturday Morning Video
- Young Professional Motto
- Academic Update!
- Things I learned on the bus
- Note from the D10 Unemployment Desk
- Doin' it right!
- Weird
- Hospice
- It's the first post of May!
-
▼
May
(49)
BACON TIME!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat the hell is busty performance? I did a google image search (the official hobby of this blog, by the way) and got lost on a link about busty Japanese softball... Home Run!
Busty performance: adj. + n. 1) a performance made by a large woman who has done some form of soft or hardcore porn and has a big bust. 2) A performance that could be considered a breakthrough (or bust through) for the performer. 3) Not what Nums does at 3:30 every day in his office.
ReplyDelete