Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Wild Idea From the D10 Unemployment Desk

Ahhhh yes, D10ers, I, Boots himself, am back where I'm comfortable, where I (along with any man of leisure) feel most at home....without vocation. Thats right, my brief stint as an art installer has come to an end, and though it appeared I had a bright future (not Adam Banks bright, probably more like Charlie Conway) I decided it was not my destiny. I made my technique wonderfully but alas, there are other things on my ever expanding horizon. For example... cheating at internet hearts with 5th year for the next few days followed by drunken arguments with Nums about fluid dynamics over a Busch Light. If I've never been mighty I can't really have fallen, no? Ahh but I digress. So back to my proposition....

I don't know about all you out there in blogreaderland, but I found my own day of graduation from university to be rather anticlimactic. After four years of Tom Foolery, all I did was wear a silly outfit I wouldn't normally wear, entertain various questions about my future (I advise all of you who have not experienced this day to come up with something really prestigious sounding, like plastics perhaps, people look at you strange if you try to explain your plan to become a man of leisure) sit through uninteresting speeches (never any dick jokes). What I'm getting at is why can't we try it again. Lets all rumble towards north central Indiana on May 18 and do it like we wish we could have. For me it will be a pair of Chuck Taylor high tops-White, one quart of Wild Turkey, a button up shirt in which the buttons will remain unused, and a pair of shorts (length depending on weather). This is how I pictured myself going out, not in any silly blaze of glory and distinction but rather in a mist of bourbon. What do you say. Diaper for you Ken? Perhaps a bathroom accident or two for you Hollywood? All the wikibating you can handle Nums? Come on people, forget God, Country, Notre Dame for a day or two and lets send ourselves back into the real world in the manner befitting such people of distinction. Call me a rambler, a gambler (I'm a long way from home), well if you don't like me then leave me alone. I'll eat when I'm hungry (probably cream o wheat) I'll drink when I'm dry, if graduation don't kill me I'll live til I die!

3 comments:

  1. Can't come that weekend. I have to wear a silly outfit and entertain various questions about my future in Pittsburgh.

    Do you have a brochure on plastics, by chance?

    ReplyDelete
  2. this line made me laugh out loud through a vicious tequila hangover, probably because I saw pictures of you at the Blue Gold game 08...

    "a pair of shorts (length depending on weather)."

    hope all is well

    ReplyDelete

Listen to Baltimore Is the New Brooklyn by JC Brooks & The Uptown Sound for free.

Official Films of the D10

  • Monkey Shines
  • Full Moon High
  • Jason and the Argonauts (2000 - Dennis Hopper Version)
  • Sssssss!
  • The Dentist 2
  • Aussie Park Boyz
  • Shivers
  • Last House on the Left

Blog Archive