Cheers mates! 'Tis has been quite a long while since we've discussed academia and her expansive list of secrets. I really want to go watch my recent purchase of "Catch Me If You Can" (only $5.50 @ Target - gotta love capitalism), so I'm just gonna jump into it.
This week's Wacky Wednesday Fact is:
The longest one-syllable word in the English language is "screeched."
Now, this puppy was found on some website but as I rattled my brain for longer words (in terms of the number of letters I assume), I think I'll take their word for it. Let me know if you can think of some longer ones...(mailto:jason.zgrabik@ireallydon'tcare.org)
This week's Wacky Wednesday Fact is:
The longest one-syllable word in the English language is "screeched."
Now, this puppy was found on some website but as I rattled my brain for longer words (in terms of the number of letters I assume), I think I'll take their word for it. Let me know if you can think of some longer ones...(mailto:jason.zgrabik@ireallydon'tcare.org)

"Wait there punk! Are you saying that the longest one-syllable word is named after some chode who was on the same Saturday morning TV show for 13 years?
Me: "Yes Danny. I know, you would think there is something longer, but that's what nd 5th year says."
Danny: "Damn that little bitch..."

Dustin: "You've all been 'Me'ed!"
Was screech really on TV for 13 years? Apparently close to, according to wikipedia. There's a caveat, though, as he didn't appear in the first season of the New Class spin-off. Therefore, it was not 13 consecutive years.
ReplyDeleteMore interesting, though is how they explained the continuity error between the original series and the college years, as everyone eventually went to different schools, but Zach, AC, Screech, and eventually Kelly (and Bob Golic) end up at California University. Wikipedia can't answer this...