Hello chaps!
Just wanted to update you all on my recent tift with RecSports. For those who know the story (Erik, Mike and Erin) please continue on below as I briefly fill in the people who never call me anymore/live in China.
The Situation: Well, short-story-short I am a soccer ref and we get our work assignments via an Excel file that's emailed for the upcoming week. One day, however, I get a voicemail saying "Don't come to Stepan because the games are canceled." This unexpected message irked me as I didn't know I was to work that evening.
Being the quite adept problem solver that I am (based on the A- I received in my "Problem Solving" class) I came to the conclusion that I had been left off the List Serve somehow rendering me incapable of doing my duty. I proactively emailed my supervisor and left a phone message explanation the situation, but I did not to hear from him. As moons came and went, I continued to get voicemails saying "Hey! You're on the schedule, where are you?" Still, no responses were sent my cyberspace way.
My Gripe: I believe that Ed (my super) owes me the money I would have received had I known about the games...trust me, I would have gone and done a great job! I missed 2 nights which equals 4 games for a total of $32. Show me the MONEY! [Jason sees email from Ed].
Here's the email I got back today:
Jason,
I don't know how you got taken off the mailing list, my apologies, that is really weird. Here is the schedule for this week. Sorry about that again. I'll make sure you get the next schedule.
Based on markets and whatnot, I assume you expect to receive compensation for the work you would have done had I not deprived of the opportunity to do so. I am sure you would have shown up and done a great job, so I offer you $32 to be picked up at your leisure in the form of your choosing. Note: Large novelty checks will take 2 weeks to be delivered.
My apologies once again,
Ed
That's what I'm talking 'bout baby! Now, I was having some issues with my cut and paste keyboard shortcuts, so the second paragraph of that email may have some minor structural errors in it, but the spirit of the letter is nonetheless preserved.
So for all you nay-sayers, take that and tit-fu$k all your a$$es!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Listen to Baltimore Is the New Brooklyn by JC Brooks & The Uptown Sound for free.
Official Films of the D10
- Monkey Shines
- Full Moon High
- Jason and the Argonauts (2000 - Dennis Hopper Version)
- Sssssss!
- The Dentist 2
- Aussie Park Boyz
- Shivers
- Last House on the Left
Internet Friends
Another, Less Sexual D10 Blog
Links -- Sports
Links -- Religion
Hollywood's Haunts
Boots' Boudoirs
Contributors
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(254)
-
▼
April
(55)
- The Creative Process
- Special Features
- Monday Cartoon (On Wednesday) GUTS STYLE!
- Wild Idea From the D10 Unemployment Desk
- Begging forgiveness
- Craigslist Romance?
- The Real Nedu and Skinny White Pilot(Good news, Ba...
- The D10's Endorsed Candidate
- Pilot Episode
- Final Edition of The D10 Unemployment Desk??
- Monday Cartoon Addendum: Thursday
- Wednesday's Fact
- I wish I had a more substantive post than this
- A Man With No Feet
- Monday Cartoons: Almost nearly on Monday!
- Friends in High Places
- Owl Rap
- Mt Flushmore Rejects....
- Great Moments in Cinema History....IN SPANISH
- Cleaning Up After Nums
- Quick Confession:
- Gower Blast from the Past
- Guts' Super Statistical Study of the Week
- Monday Cartoons, almost on Wednesday!
- D10 Cultural Studies: Sport
- Don't Be So Glib You Asses
- The Young Professionals How To Guide 4/13
- Where in the world......
- Friday Night Music Video
- BREAKING: Election Results
- Monday Cartoon: On a Friday!
- D10 Men of Distinction
- Websites That Boots Visits
- How Dare You D10!?
- Dirty Like Me
- Movie Posters Strike Back
- Analogyology Entry
- Entry for Analogy Contest: My Job Search
- Monday cartoon, on Tuesday!
- RecSports -- Email Answered
- Yet Another D10 Contest!
- A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words: The Death of ...
- Celebrity Sound-a-Likes
- Celebrity Look-a-likes: Gone But Not Forgotten Edi...
- James Gower When He's 50 Trying to Fix a Toilet
- The Weekly Factoids: Caution, You Will DIE!
- Boots' Observations From The Road
- For the Fans
- meth mouth
- 3 Posts About Kenton in One Day!
- Follow Up to Kenton-Gate
- Kenton Helps History!
- I <3 The D10
- Ask Mr. Wikipedia.
- April Fools
-
▼
April
(55)
how dare you tell me to tit-fusk my own ass
ReplyDeletethat's only if you are a nay-sayer James...are you?
ReplyDelete