Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Begging forgiveness

I didn't forget about the Monday cartoons. In fact, I had working scripts for at least two. As it stands, however, I don't have much time to make cartoons, especially after the last one. I don't have much time because, if you were me, you'd know that you need at least a B average to graduate and that means doing the following things by this Friday:

Finishing Adv. Waste Treatment HW: unknown amount of time (prob 3-5 hrs)
Finishing Remediation HW: unknown amount of time (prob 5-7 hours)
Meeting with group for Remediation project: 1 hour with 1-2 hour prep
Adv. Waste Treatment test: 8:30A-11:30A Thursday
Env. History Presentation: 20 minute presentation, no slides completed, 6:30P Thursday

Compound that with a flight to Chicago at 5 pm, which requires a 1 hour commute.

I'll probably get this done alright, so there may be a cartoon or two tomorrow, until then, here's the textual script of the cartoons I was planning. If there's enough demand, I'll go back later and draw them. Better yet, why don't you at home attempt your own drawing of one of these cartoons and the winner will be included in a future Monday Cartoon:


Cartoon 1: "Diminishing Returns"
Frame 1:
Man - '$25'
Prostitute - 'BJ'

Frame 2:
Man - '$50'
Pro - 'Everything'

Frame 3:
Man - '$100'
Pro - 'Um...'

Frame 4:
Pro - 'A cherry on top...?'
Man - visibly saddened


Cartoon 2: FuckRobot
Frame 1:
Text - 'Future James's FuckRobot becomes self-aware'

Frame 2:
FR is in sleeping position on bed. James is sitting next to FR.
James - 'Well, it's time.'
FR - 'No.'

Frame 3:
James - 'What do you mean?'
FR - '...'

Frame 4:
FR - 'I'm tired, I work early tomorrow'
James - visibly saddened


There you go. I don't have to tell you how great of an opportunity this is for everyone. Remember, when you flush the toilet, people like me are working hard to remove your shit without having to touch it.

2 comments:

  1. i hate that i actually look forward to reading this blog, and that despite this post, I'm never disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does this mean I have a fan... or an enemy?

    ReplyDelete

Listen to Baltimore Is the New Brooklyn by JC Brooks & The Uptown Sound for free.

Official Films of the D10

  • Monkey Shines
  • Full Moon High
  • Jason and the Argonauts (2000 - Dennis Hopper Version)
  • Sssssss!
  • The Dentist 2
  • Aussie Park Boyz
  • Shivers
  • Last House on the Left

Blog Archive