If you're not familiar with Google Streetview, it's a feature on Google maps that allows you to have a view of the street you are looking at. They basically put a snazzy camera on top of a eco-friendly (I assume) car and drive around. It's cool, because if you are wondering what a google map looks like from the street, you can view it.
Of course, since it's on the internet this has led to people scouring it looking for embarrassing pictures. The following pictures show a guy riding his bike:

Falling from his bike:

And going upside down:

Think about this next time Google comes driving around your neighborhood. They will not help you in case of medical emergency.
Edit: I also want to include a brief example of how I'm out of touch with today's youth.
In my undergraduate history class (the one where I used the "House money" pun in the paper. I haven't gotten my grade yet), our professor forgot a video and had to go back to his office. Meanwhile, in the course of discussion, it was revealed that one of the students was from Alabama. The conversation then went to famous Alabamans. At this point, I wasn't a participant, but I was looking for an opportunity to be witty around the impressionable and nubile co-eds. Someone mentioned Helen Keller, but I chose to bite my tongue. There were several reasons for this:
1. It was an Environmental History course (Obama Points*: 1)
2. The class is young (Obama Points: 1)
3. The class is ethnically diverse (Obama Points: 1)
4. It was the day of the PA Primary (Obama Points: 20)
* Obama points arbitrarily measures a group's tendency to get offended by a comment that may be mildly racist or against Hope and the Better Qualities of Humanity.
With an Obama score of 23, I felt it was best to not mention the "Ray Charles and Helen Keller sitting on a bench" skit I performed in as an undergrad. I digress:
The conversation seamlessly led from Alabama to Helen Keller to state quarters. It went on for a bit until someone brought up Wyoming's state quarter:

At this point, a girl I had spoken to mentioned that it looks odd, as there is no distinction between the cowboy and the horse. It is at this point that I interject, attempting to appear cool, witty, and aloof (as if I were wearing "Hot Erik" cologne").
"Oh, so there's a Centaur on it!"
Here's the course of events that followed: I smirk, sit back, wait for response, don't get a response, watch the conversation go on without me, lose smirk, enter pit of despair.
And that is why I am out of touch with today's youth.
Been there
ReplyDeleteBeen there
ReplyDelete"Imagine, your daughter...raped!"
ReplyDeleteI have got to get Nums' autograph.
Wonderfully disjointed blog post, by the way.
Another gem from google maps:
ReplyDeleteIf you look at the terrain view of Pen Argyl, PA, you will find that to the northeast there is a geologic feature called "The Big Offset"
i was in that skit. and there are helen keller quotes in the eating area at Martin's side door deli. what a woman!
ReplyDelete