Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Gower Blast from the Past

So I am about to go out tonight (Man Night!) and my regular jeans were in the car, so I threw on the first pair of alternate jeans I could find. I later discovered that these in all likelihood belonged to James Gower due to the huge hole on the thigh.

The pre-partying was in full swing when I hear the crinkling of cheap paper. I then explored that little cell phone pocket near the crotch to discover a receipt from a South Bend eatery establishment. The contents of this paper are here documented:

Denny's
Dine In
303 Dixie Way
South Bend, Indiana 46637

April 1st, 2007
1:18 pm
Table 38
Server: Melissa F.
Guests: 0

1 No Beverage 0.00
1 Omelette-MeatLover 5.99
1 Raspberry Tea 1.80
SubTotal 7.79
Tax 0.47
Gratuity 1.00
Total 9.26

Paid with Visa, authorization code: 024226

On this day of partying, discovering that little piece of paper brings me fond memories of James and his frugal late brunch habits. Let us all hope to find a year old receipt of his patronizing past.

Cheers!

4 comments:

  1. That's a 12% tip. I don't think I liked Melissa F.'s service.

    That said, the Raspberry tea was delicious.

    Also, if those pants are the pants I think they are, you should hold on to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never understood why people loved Denny's, but I see now they have very reasonably priced 'no beverage's

    ReplyDelete
  3. the dennys was a critical moment of enlightenment after a trip to the finest of south bend's taverns, the boat club, at least prior to the existence of boracho burrito.

    ReplyDelete

Listen to Baltimore Is the New Brooklyn by JC Brooks & The Uptown Sound for free.

Official Films of the D10

  • Monkey Shines
  • Full Moon High
  • Jason and the Argonauts (2000 - Dennis Hopper Version)
  • Sssssss!
  • The Dentist 2
  • Aussie Park Boyz
  • Shivers
  • Last House on the Left

Blog Archive