Saturday, February 28, 2009

Cultural Studies, ctd.


An update from honorary D10er H.B. via our correspondent on the Dark Continent (which, of course, is not the same as the D10 correspondent in the Orient (damn we're a far reaching organization). Without further ado:


Message from one H. B., Esq


It is believed that Cicero once said "If you have a garden and a library,
you have everything you need.":

It seems you are halfway there. It is good to hear from you, and that you
still have a dedication to enlighten the minds of those which will build
Tanzania.

There is not much going on in Norway, but on the bright side I got a job in
the Norwegian Directorate of Taxes Norwegian just before I graduated, and
now I am working on the "Linings ABC", which is a 1500 page encyclopaedia of
Norwegian taxes which is published each year. My father and I are heading
down to Nashville on the 25th, we are going to visit my brother which is
attending Nashville, and hopefully we can stop by Graceland and the Jack D.
distillery.

As a Norwegian American, you may enjoy this song about a Norwegian country
musician travelling to Nashville.

"Intro: A5 D5 A5 E5 A5

A5 E5

En venn og jeg dro over, for å se på USA

B5 E5 A5

Vi kjørt bil til Nashville og gikk inn på Putsys(Tootsies) bar

A5 D5

Der tok vi fram gitarene og spilte opp en sang

B5 E5

Og etter å ha sunget litt så kom det fram en mann, han sa



Refrão -------------

A5 D5 B5

I love norwegian country and I like the way you sing

E5 A5 E5

Cause all country music around the world will always be the greatest thing

A5 D5 D5

I love norwegian country and the sound of your guitars

A5 E5 A5

It reminds me of the greatest country stars

--------------------




Han sa jeg kjenner en som er betydelig og stor

Så tok han med oss til et sangomsust kontor

Han bad oss om å synge noen sanger fra vårt land

og etter å ha hørt en stund på oss så smilte han og sa



Chorus



Vi sang på Grand Ol' Opry og turnerte rundt en stund

Vi opplevde en masse ting hvert eneste sekund

Nå er vi kommet hjem igjen og møtes av og til

For å minnes vår turne i USA med sang og spill



Chorus



Take care. Hope to see you in Norway some time.

Vennlig hilsen

H.B.

Skattejurist / Områderedaktør skatt

Forebygging og kontroll, Forebygging

Skattedirektoratet

Postboks 9200 Grønland, 0134 Oslo

Telefon 22 07 71 51

Statens kontorbygg Helsfyr (rom B-0917/0918)


I'll leave it up to Nums to do a freetranslations.com act on this bad boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Listen to Baltimore Is the New Brooklyn by JC Brooks & The Uptown Sound for free.

Official Films of the D10

  • Monkey Shines
  • Full Moon High
  • Jason and the Argonauts (2000 - Dennis Hopper Version)
  • Sssssss!
  • The Dentist 2
  • Aussie Park Boyz
  • Shivers
  • Last House on the Left

Blog Archive