For you Johnny Come Late-to-our-Blog that may have missed the Cultural Studies piece, please read it before continuing to read this post. Friend and supporter of all things D10, Haakon has provided his translation as was promised in the previous column. There is a bit that was added in his version that was not in the version translated by Boots Himself, but i decided to include it as I think its a pretty funny bit and makes for an excellent drinking song. With that....Hakkon's translation.
A Beer In My Hand
I am born with a beer in my hand
And that is the way I pictured my self dying
I will drink beer until my soul leaves me
Let death happen slowly It comes when it comes
But in this great moment I feel young and healthy
From the time I was born I had my lips on the bottle
I was eighteen years, until I got a taste of a breast
Inside a train cart on the express train to Bergen
Is there sitting a young maiden and the maidens spinning yarn
Over from her a gentleman is sitting
He is saying "you are the first I have seen bearing child"
"God" wines the maiden, "who is saying I am pregnant?"
Take is casual, wips the gentleman, all in good time now
We are first in Bergen in a half hour or so
When I am dead and put in the graveyard
I am hoping my fingernails will grow
Then I will dig myself out of the gravespot
and locate the nearest convenient store
There I will buy myself a beer or two
Then I will dig myself back in to my gravespot
And there I will enjoy it as all beer should be enjoyed
And that D10ers, is sort of what the song means. Haakon and I have decided to have a summit, and as a showing of solidarity between our two fine homelands, will make a version of the song that sounds good in both English and Norska, a hybrid of BAYER I HÃ…NDEN.
Thats all for this edition of Cultural Studies. Remember dear friends, its hard to throw a punch with a beer in hand.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Listen to Baltimore Is the New Brooklyn by JC Brooks & The Uptown Sound for free.
Official Films of the D10
- Monkey Shines
- Full Moon High
- Jason and the Argonauts (2000 - Dennis Hopper Version)
- Sssssss!
- The Dentist 2
- Aussie Park Boyz
- Shivers
- Last House on the Left
Internet Friends
Another, Less Sexual D10 Blog
Links -- Sports
Links -- Religion
Hollywood's Haunts
Boots' Boudoirs
Contributors
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(254)
-
▼
March
(44)
- More Fun With Movie Posters
- A Generation Lost
- 48 Hour Challenge
- D10 OFFICIAL LOGO
- "Dirty 10" Google Image Search
- All New Spectacular: Jason's Weekly Wacky Wednesda...
- An Update from Google Maps!
- You Don't Need Effort To Create Great Blog Posts
- Today's Internet Best Buys-$4
- High Effort Blog Post
- No title
- People In Non-War and Poverty Stricken Countries A...
- Oh Really, Boots?
- Le Parkour
- D10 Contest!
- Low Effort Blog Post
- Internet Best Buys-$50!
- Phil-up-Dates
- The Greatest Live Music Performance of All Time?
- International Crisis
- Monday Cartoons
- The Scarlet Turd
- Internet Emergency!
- Update to D10 Fitness Challenge
- Google Image Search Fails Me Yet Again
- The First Annual D10 Fitness Challenge
- The Word is the Truth. The Truth shall surely not ...
- The Quest for Success
- Boots' Advice For The Night
- Back When Movie Posters Meant Something
- Note from the D10 Unemployment Desk
- Monday Cartoon Missing
- On Bachelorhood -- Part III
- D10 Guide to Life
- NFL Cracks Down On Creativity!
- Upcoming Adventure Alert
- One of America's Leading Intellectuals
- Monday cartoon.
- Cultural Studies Part II
- Off Bachelorhood?
- Tidal Waves of Nostalgia
- Report from the Orient: Philology
- D10 Trends Noticed Among The Cultural Elite
- A Duel
-
▼
March
(44)
No comments:
Post a Comment