(Better picture can be found at Google Maps)The day and age where one can track down people who live on the same street name as their namesake has finally come!
While trying to avoid an upcoming exam on Primate Conservation (Did you know that the Cleveland MetroParks Zoo has the largest primate exhibit in North America?), I decided to give the Street View of Google maps a peak.
I have tried to get it directly in front of 1423 W. Cortez, Chicago, IL before but without a modicum of success. Today, I achieved what I once believed to be the impossible.
Imagine my surprise as a mysterious figure lingers in the front yard of said residence. A tank top, Carolina-blue shorts (I surmise a mid July taking of this Google-Pic), cell phone in its "Connected" status probably talking to some hot thang...So I start going through the possible perps...
Erik? He may have the shorts, but he's probably working the 8am-2am shift downtown.
Mike? No, he's not black.
Jonathan (sp?)? Nope, at yoga.
Bob? I don't see a hat on this man's head, nor a mojto in his hand.
Ian? If anywhere, he's trying to get that "Ian smell" out of his apartment so Spokes can't track his every move.
Gower? No, he's at Super Subs at Cortez and Ashland (I'm really going to check and see if he's outside with his face pressed up against the glass yelling for the store to let him back in)
Cortez? I don't know him, but this pic was taken on W. Cortez street. The statures look similar and I don't think it's Erin...It all adds up now.
So here, everyone is the proof that people do tend to go to places named after them...it's like trying to find John Wayne at that airport in Orange County. Sure it may seem impossible, but he's around...they always are.
Excellent. For what it's worth, Cortez is currently in South Africa in pursuit of his potential future fiance.
ReplyDelete