Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Movie Madness: Rubidium Man Edition

Well D10ers, it's the moment you've all been waiting for. This Saturday, from 8am-8pm I, Boots himself, will be competing (against myself and nature) in the first annual Rubidium Man Competition. What is it? What's with the name? Ahhh, valid questions.

What is it?
After some discussion with a woman even crazier (90 miles in 12 hours crazy) than ourselves, Hollywood and II decided that I needed to test the human spirit as a common man, one who does not train but competes based purely on heart and dedication to the quest, one who will not fail, one who cannot fail, etc etc.

What's with the name?
Ahhh Rubidium. A far weaker and less useful metal than iron, it symbolizes the essence of the expedition.

An so it will be. My goal 45 miles in 12 hours. Still trying to figure out if I should run at all or just do a vigorous walk. Any suggestions loyal readers?

My supplies
2 extra pair Nike Dry Fit socks
2 ipods
5 energy bars (no specifics as waiting for possible corporate sponsorship)
3 bottles dihydrogen monoxide
1 banana
1 wind breaker
1 cell phone
1 back pack

Thoughts on others? Maybe one of those things that tell you how far you've gone? I don't know

Anyway, on to Movie Madness. I watched Equilibrium on Nums recommendation. This movie really sucks. It's a genuine piece of shit. It's so bad it would be funny but it can't be, as they have such serious actors. What were you thinking Batman? I don't even know what else to say about it. It is sorta funny when the Taye Diggs gets his face cut off (oops spoiler alert for any ass hole that might have thought of watching this). I thought its one redeeming value was that it came out before The Matrix, making it a pioneer of the genre. I just found out it was released three years after. Wow this movie is terrible! .5 boxes of Cream of Wheat our of 10!

Rankings:
1.The Great Escape
2.Serpico
3.Good Bye, Lenin!
4.Z
5.Blue Velvet
6.War Dance
7.Y Tu Mama Tambien
8.Monty Python's The Meaning of Life
9.An American Werewolf in London
10.Gone Baby Gone
11.Run Lola Run
12.Papillon
13.Tootsie
14.Benny & Joon
15.The Savages
16.My Kid Could Paint That
17.A Scanner Darkly
18.Vanilla Sky
19.Straw Dogs
20.The Warriors
21.Death At A Funeral
22.Raising Arizona
23.This Is Spinal Tap
24.Blade Runner
25.Closer
26.The Matrix Revolutions
27.Velvet Goldmine
28.The Big Chill
29.The Jerk
30.Four Weddings and A Funeral
31.Equilibrium

1 comment:

  1. I must say, the blog is getting even better by the day.

    ReplyDelete

Listen to Baltimore Is the New Brooklyn by JC Brooks & The Uptown Sound for free.

Official Films of the D10

  • Monkey Shines
  • Full Moon High
  • Jason and the Argonauts (2000 - Dennis Hopper Version)
  • Sssssss!
  • The Dentist 2
  • Aussie Park Boyz
  • Shivers
  • Last House on the Left