Friday, September 12, 2008

Guts Vs. Numbers, The Lost World

I think the title this week is apt. It brings to mind one of the greatest sequels of all time, of which this season of GVN hopes to live up to. It also explains how, in my hip yet unprepared foray into owning a Mac has affected my game picking ability. Say what you want about Windows, but it runs a mean Excel sheet, which I, at this time, cannot. I'm also not willing to take the intense amount of time necessary to prepare the System during work. So, without further backpedaling, here are my pics for this week with some sort of shitty logical justification.

GB vs. DET
DET = shit. How's that for math?

NYG vs. STL
STL = shit.

NO vs. WAS
The letters 'N' and 'O' can be arranged in such a manner so that they represent an abbreviation for 'number'. NO wins.

CHI vs. CAR
Last time I saw Soldier Field, I was on a Segway Tour going down the lake. I saw a woman on our tour go onto the grass and I thought to myself 'that looks pretty cool'. Not thinking any more of it, I turn my attention to the stadium. When I look forward again, this woman has cut off the person in front of me. They had time to come to a gentle stop. I did not. Next thing I know, I'm thrown from my weird two-wheeled standy-movey thingy and on to the ground. It was pretty awesome. Now, if the Bears were playing at home, I'd say that they would probably have as much fun as I did. But they aren't, so they will lose.

TEN vs. CIN
My new coworker is a Cincinnati fan. While I would usually say that it sucks to be him, he got married last week. So, in all likelihood he got lucky last week, and I'm going to say he's going to get lucky this week, too. Cinci wins.

BUF vs. JAC
I feel Jacksonville is a good team. They were a darling of the system last year and I feel they will be again. But Garrard had a rough game and I don't see them bouncing back right away. BUF wins. Still, but stock in the Jags now, while it's low.

OAK vs. KC
Every day, Al Davis gets older. I'm not sure how old, but it's probably quantifiable. Math says KC wins.

IND vs. MIN
I saw a commercial with Bob Sanders helping out some kids. Since children are the future, Bob Sanders is helping the future. IND wins

SF vs. SEA
The weather report for Chicago calls for '100% chance of precipitation'. I almost left my office to walk a few blocks to the NBC studio and shake that weatherman's hand. It rains in Seattle a lot. SEA wins

ATL vs. TB
TB, the true System favorite from last year is likely go undergo a sophomore slump. ATL

MIA vs. ARI
John McCain is 72 and from Arizona. While this may seem to suggest that the Cardinals my be at a disadvantage, there are many more old people in Florida. ARI.

SD vs. DEN
Denver's quarterback had freaking diabetes last year and they almost made the playoffs. Now that his blood sugar is no longer low, neither are the team's chances of not making the playoffs. DEN

NE vs. NYJ
Tom Brady = a bunch of good seasons. Matt Cassel = a bunch of NFL passes (around 40, I think). NYJ.

PIT vs. CLE
My Cleveland-born roommate is sitting next to me right now and it'd be pretty awkward if I didn't pick CLE. Quantifiably awkward. CLE.

PHI vs. DAL
I don't care who wins this, I just hope it's a good game. Eagles = 1 quarterback with a bad knee. Dallas = 1 quarterback with just a great personality. I mean, he's just great. Great guy. Great guy... Man!.. Romo... PHI wins due to Romo getting distracted by the suffering of Fort Worth's homeless or some great-guy-sappy-shit like that.

BAL vs. HOU
The system was somewhat partial to Houston, at least whenever they could score a passing touchdown. I don't think they'll do that this game. BAL.

2 comments:

Listen to Baltimore Is the New Brooklyn by JC Brooks & The Uptown Sound for free.

Official Films of the D10

  • Monkey Shines
  • Full Moon High
  • Jason and the Argonauts (2000 - Dennis Hopper Version)
  • Sssssss!
  • The Dentist 2
  • Aussie Park Boyz
  • Shivers
  • Last House on the Left