Hello and welcome to the irregularly scheduled DCS ratings v. 2.0. As we all (eventually) graduated from our days of slovenly matriculation, we no longer spend our evenings recounting tales of haircuts, vaseline and farting on priests. However, that is no reason to abandon dirt and glory! That in mind, I challenge the contributors of this august forum to intermittently cobble together no fewer than ten (10) examples of the Spirit and Memory of the D10 in action. Without further ado, I bring the inaugural iteration of the Dirty Communication Series:
DCS INDEX - November 27, 2011
1) The Euro is Falling Apart, making contributor Himself's decision to invest in U.S. quarter futures in the middle part of the last decade apprear both prescient and prudent.
2) Mitt Romney is running for President again. As diligent readers of this blog no doubt recall, Gov. Romney was a D10 endorsee way back in January of 2008. This time around, Mr. Mitt's penchant for the entertainingly odd seems to have caught more attention. Now, everyone knows that Mitt Romney is not engaging in performance art every day, but what Mother Jones presupposed this week was: maybe he is?
Viewed in that light, Romney's ordinary encounters take on an altogether different complexion. "Andrew is a great name; a lot of good Andrews out there," he told a supporter in New Hampshire on Sunday. "Ian—that's kind of a British name," he told a man named Ian in October.
. . .
Consider this passage, from a November speech in Troy, Michigan:
I love the lakes.
I love the Great Lakes.
You know, we’ve been to Massachusetts—I love the ocean, too.
I do love the ocean.
3) Transitioning to the wide world of sport, the Florida Gators lined up for a QB sneak last night on 4th and 1 and somehow lost 14 yards. Video:
4) ACID Rain
5) The Champs Sports Bowl has an unexpectedly entertaining Twitter account
6) Another Turkey Bowl victory for yours truly. I think I notched 3 TDs and 2 INTs against the deadliest competition the Harvard Graduate School of Design has to offer.
7) Link Included Especially for Gower: Rome, Sweet Rome. A reddit fanfiction thread about a US Marine Expeditionary Division transported back to Ancient Rome that is currently being developed into a major motion picture.
8) While we're on the subject, feel free to indulge in the Pax Dirteca, namely March-May of 2008.
9) Best of Wikipedia, Ndukwe Edition:
After graduating from Dublin Coffman High School, Ndukwe went on to start as safety for the University of Notre Dame for his Junior and Senior seasons. He played in 46 games with 25 starts, made 157 tackles and took one opposing player's shoe off the field with him.[citation needed]
. . .
In the season finale against the Miami Dolphins, Ndukwe got the ball and returned a fumble 54 yards for a touchdown that put the Bengals ahead 28-10 in the fourth quarter. After the touchdown, excited commentator Joe Woeste claimed Ndukwe was a future Hall of Famer.[2]
10) Northfield Football Newcomers of the Year (2011): Good Fellaz, Nightmare, Full Force, Brick Squad, Reckless Beast (sic), Thirstys, Virus, Unleashed, Animal Pack
Gathering Dirt: January 3-7, B. "Large" Wisler, Mr. Gathering Dirt himself (as opposed to 'Mr. Gathering Dirt, Himself,') will be visiting Jenn and I in Boston. I wonder if they give Air Force doctors handcuffs.


No comments:
Post a Comment