Wednesday, November 5, 2008

hello there.
Despite my best efforts, I was unable to go to my Halloween party last weekend as "The Dentist." Instead i opted for fred flintstone (yes, i spelled that right). Then, much to my dismay, i arrived and there was already a fred flintstone at the party.
I know.
I was that guy. Whether it was my tardiness or my love for pregaming, either or both were the etiology of my unoriginal label for the rest of the night. I never wanted so much to be in the dirty scrubs i wear to school everyday, perhaps covered in blood carrying a black 'n decker drill, striking fear in the hearts of fellow party-goers with the whirlling sound of shedding enamel and dentin.
Oh well...
I'd get into a debate of politics but other D10ers are obviously much better versed in the subject. Instead I'll turn to a much more pressing subject...the jeopardy theme song.
Now, call me conservative or an unwilling-to-change-guy, but i thought the song was fine. If it ain't broke, don't fix it is my motto. But the song, while melodically the same, now is now played by a variety of new instruments (read: buttons on a synthesizer). There's an electric guitar, but other than that, nothing that resembles the old time orchestra with a metronome tick-tocking in the background.
Maybe Trebek had a mid-life-chrisis-like revelation with his quintuple bypass last year, and realized, "I'm old, maybe I should make a mockery of Merv Griffin's legacy."
that's all i've got for now. go bears, go irish, go boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Listen to Baltimore Is the New Brooklyn by JC Brooks & The Uptown Sound for free.

Official Films of the D10

  • Monkey Shines
  • Full Moon High
  • Jason and the Argonauts (2000 - Dennis Hopper Version)
  • Sssssss!
  • The Dentist 2
  • Aussie Park Boyz
  • Shivers
  • Last House on the Left