I love John Cusack. For many years, I denied my love and instead layered strong hatred and disgust for the man on top of it. I'd say things like, oh John Cusack is so ugly, how does he keep getting such hot chicks (minus Laura from High Fidelity who sounds like she's deaf) (plus Kate Beckinsale in Serendipity, that's right... Serendipity. Fuck off). Well I'm done hating. The man speaks to me. He's a little squirrelly, sure, and his hair is sort of mulletty, but the man makes good movies. So now we'll say I'm just a little skeptical of the guy but all in all we'll mark it as a guilty pleasure for the record books.
ANYWAY, moral of the story... This is mostly for Nums as he and I spent a few hours discussing the subject but I'm sure many of you D10ers and you Gutsies have had this question as well.
Question: In High Fidelity, Cusack makes a comment about Tim Robbins' "Patchouli Stink." What is Patchouli?
After finally figuring out how to spell it. Here's the wikipedia article. CUSACK!
A brief excerpt: In Europe and the US, patchouli oil and incense underwent a surge in popularity in the 1960s and 1970s, mostly among devotees of the free love and hippie lifestyles, since the pungent smell of patchouli is alleged to cover the smell of cannabis and body odor. It has also been used as a hair conditioner for dreadlocks
Until next time. Stay beautiful Gutsies. And keep those letters coming
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Listen to Baltimore Is the New Brooklyn by JC Brooks & The Uptown Sound for free.
Official Films of the D10
- Monkey Shines
- Full Moon High
- Jason and the Argonauts (2000 - Dennis Hopper Version)
- Sssssss!
- The Dentist 2
- Aussie Park Boyz
- Shivers
- Last House on the Left
Internet Friends
Another, Less Sexual D10 Blog
Links -- Sports
Links -- Religion
Hollywood's Haunts
Boots' Boudoirs
Contributors
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(254)
-
▼
July
(16)
- Monday Cartoon, on a very productive day
- Another Guest Blog
- Monday Cartoon (on a Monday?)
- Blast From the Past: A Salute to a Gutsy Childhood
- Hollywood the Conqueror - A History
- Nominee for Mt. Flushmore
- Weekend Wiki-Blog
- Jobs I’m Pretty Sure That I Could Do Better Than T...
- Dayman Challenge Cartoon
- Movie Madness: Ninth of July Edition
- Fuck
- A Dirty Tribute
- Answers to Cusack Questions
- Video killed the radio star, but
- In case of emergency
- Guest Blog
-
▼
July
(16)
I have experienced a similiar phenomenon with Nicolas Coppola Cage
ReplyDeleteBeckinsale + Cusack? are you kidding me? unreal
ReplyDelete